Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

T-Shirt Hat

I am always looking for new projects to work on.  I came across this blog posting at second street & instantly fell in love.  I have been on the look out for shirts to make one, so I ran to a local thrift store.  I found this super cute shirt for $2.  My sizes were the similar as the one posted on Second Street's except I didn't use such a big circle.  I made my circle about 3/4 inch smaller in diameter.  I thought the brim was way to big for my daughter so I cut about 1 inch off.




If you use an adult size L or Larger then you can cut the band off the bottom & not off the side like I had to do here.  I wanted the Fox in Socks to be on the top so I didn't try to conserve any fabric.







Cute Fox in Socks on top











I put buttons on this one because I thought they were cute.

I loved this project so much.  I am still on the lookout for a cute patterned shirt for T's hat.  They took me less than an hour to complete.  They are so easy!  Perfect for a beginner sewer!  Good luck!  If you don't want to make your own check out the few on my Etsy page.

No comments:

Post a Comment